Monday, May 16, 2011

Wither (Chemical Garden, #1)Wither by Lauren DeStefano

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


In a post apocalyptic world, genetically engineered humans have overcome most of the diseases that have haunted man for centuries. However, their children are ticking timebombs. Females die at 20 and males at 25. While scientists search for a cure, young girls are forced into marriages to produce children so the human race will continue. Rhine is one of these girls. As a wife she is living in the lap of luxury. But it is a luxurious prison, and Rhine wants to spend her remaining years on her own terms.



Wow. What a book! I am still reeling from the emotions this book brought up. It is certainly about being able to make your own decisions and standing by your values. But it is also about caring for people even when they do not share your beliefs and values. It is about sacrifice and despair. It is about hope and love. It is so well written. I want to know where Rhine is going to go from here but I also want to know the fate of those left behind. I hope we get to find out.



View all my reviews

No comments: