Thursday, May 19, 2011

Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks Mystery, #2)Classified as Murder by Miranda James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Librarian Charlie Harris and cat Diesel have snagged a prime cataloging a private collection of rare books owned by James Delacorte, a local elderly gentleman. Unfortunately the assignment comes with having to deal with Delacorte and his nutty, possible homicidal, family. And Charlie's son, Joel, has come to stay, having quit his job in a law firm bringing all his bagage, physical and psychological, with him. When James Delacorte turns up dead in his private library, father, son and cat are on the case.



I think I enjoyed this book more than the first. I love the characters and the town. These books feel like old style cozies, with a super observant amateur detective but Charlie is not annoying or interferring like some of the newer style cozy folks. I really enjoyed all the talk about the books in this one. Must be the librarian in me. I like the addition of Joel. I am looking forward to seeing father and son work together in the future.



View all my reviews

No comments: