Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test #1)The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Kate has brought her mother to her childhood home to die. The previous four years have been a stuggle to keep her mother alive, now the end is near and Kate is trying to cope. When she meets the mysterious Henry, she is interested. He is inhumanly handsome. When he offers her a deal, pass seven tests and become immortal, she thinks he is just nuts. But when she sees him bring someone back from the dead, well, maybe he can help her mother too...



I really enjoyed this book. It is sad and sweet. I really like Kate. She is so practical even when she is thrust into a magical world. I also like Henry, even if I want to shake him sometimes. (just say the "L" word already). The writing is very accessible to teens. I think there is enough angst here for the average Twilight fan, but a much stronger female role model.



View all my reviews

No comments: