Saturday, June 18, 2011

Poison Pen: A Forensic Handwriting MysteryPoison Pen: A Forensic Handwriting Mystery by Sheila Lowe

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


3 1/2 stars -- Claudia Rose is a respected handwriting analyst. When a frenemy dies from an apparent suicide, Claudia is asked to analyze the suicide note. While hunting for good examples of the deceased handwriting for comparison, Claudia stumbles across more and more information that leads her to think this was no suicide. She also stumbles across a murder fiction and a hunky detective.



I liked this book. It took me a while to get to know Claudia. There were so many other characters who overshadowed her at first and so much going on. However, once she came out of the shadows, I really warmed up to her. The little bits about handwriting analysis were interesting but Lowe does not beat you over the head with it. This does not exactly feel like a cozy to me. It is set in LA and the illegal activities involved were a bit on the seedy side for a cozy. But as I said, I did enjoy it and will probably read the next in the series.



View all my reviews

No comments: